Monday, June 6, 2011

Everyone should have a bucket list

It's been almost a month since I last posted. The month of May sort of got away from me. I had final assignments in my last grad school class, coupled with the culminating 40 page paper to complete all my masters work, the end of my internship and a very long/very hot ride back north from Florida back to New Jersey. Then I had my best friend's bachelorette party in NYC, and now things are finally beginning to slow down so I can focus on continuing to apply for jobs (if anyone knows of any athletic academic advising jobs at the collegiate level, let me know).

The one vice I maintained to try to keep my sanity amongst it all was watching some movies. I finally got around to watching The Bucket List. As I'm sure many before me did, I was inspired to create my own bucket list, which is something I was meaning to do for a long time. I also feel that sharing it with people will hold me to some of them. So here it goes. Here is my bucket list.

  • Travel Europe - Visit each country I have family ties to (England - done, Ireland, Scotland, Sweden - done, Latvia, Spain, Italy, and Germany)
  • Travel the US - Visit every state in the country on more than just a drive through)
  • Audition for and make it on Jeopardy
  • Visit every continent
  • Read the Bible cover to cover
  • Attend a World Series game, a Super Bowl, a Stanley Cup game, an NBA Play-off game, an MLS play-off game
  • Visit every major league ball park
  • See an NCAA Final Four game live
  • Ride a motorcycle
  • Have at least one job in my lifetime that I truly enjoy
  • Write a book
  • Read the Classics
  • Learn a 3rd and 4th language (working on #3 right now)
  • Record something in a recording studio
  • Attend a Time Square New Year's Eve
  • Learn to drive stick
  • See the Northern Lights
  • Gain a working knowledge of mythology and world religions
  • Attend at least one Summer and one Winter Olympic Games
  • Sing karaoke un-self-consciously
  • Learn to play golf, and play in a pro-am
  • Learn archery
  • Learn to play guitar
  • Fall in love
So what's on your bucket list?

Until next time, I'll be enjoying my life of books, boys, sports and..., and I hope you'll be enjoying whatever it is that makes your life happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment